Thursday, March 20, 2014

Act II

   This story is so much more interesting than I thought it'd be! The most interesting thing that I wanted to find out was whether or not Nora actually commits suicide, as she had made the decision, and she had been counting the hours till midnight, and midnight the following night. This shows that Nora just wants to give up. I thought she really would, when Helmer said "But Nora darling, you're dancing as if your life depended on it." ( Ibsen 204 ). That's pretty ironic. 
    Act II is a tarantella of events, so many things happening at once and so many things I didn't expect! For example, when Kristina put the pieces together and said "Do you think I don't know whom you borrowed that twelve hundred dollars from" ( Ibsen, 185 ) she wasn't talking about Krogstad.. She was talking about DR. RANK! And then considering what happened later on with Dr. rank & Nora, this was like a hint! I think that Nora should be more honest with Helmer, and then tell him what happened with the money that was used to go to Italy, and then leave him for Dr. Rank since she obviously wants to be with him. 

What was the most surprising thing so far from the play in your opinion? 

What do you think could have possibly happened had Nora asked Dr. Rank for the money?

3 comments:

  1. I commented on Erion Gabe Fiyaad & Jerry G's posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, the most surprising moment was when Dr. Rank was flirting with Nora and so she told him that she would go to him if things didn't work out with Helmer. If Nora asked Dr. Rank for the money, I don't think Krogstad still wouldn't give the bond back. Krogstad said no matter how much money she gives him, he will never give the bond back. So Helmer would find out either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edit:
      *I don't think Krogstad would give the bond back.

      Delete