NORA. ... Where we could make a real marriage out of our lives together. Goodbye. [Begins to go.]
HELMER. No, you know I am crazy.. Please don't leave me.[starts tearing]
NORA. Are you going to cry? Ha, this is exactly what I mean. You were never the man I needed you to be, you've always treated me like a joke, and now that I want to leave, you cannot "keep your pride and honor" what happened to that when I asked you to let Krogstad keep his job? Have some consistency! [starts to walk away]
HELMER [Drops to his knees, and starts sobbing hysterically] PLEASE, I know I haven't always been the ideal man, but just give me one more SHOT!
[we hear footsteps in the background]
NORA: I am very sorry, but we must go our separate ways, you mustn't try and stop me, you won't succeed.
[footsteps become increasingly closer]
NORA [trembling]. DR. RANK! I thought, but, the letter!? I thought you died!?
HELMER. [Stands back up, and turns around to see Dr. Rank with his hands in his pockets] Hello, Dr. Rank. [Offers a handshake]
DR RANK:[ignores the handshake]
HELMER: very well then. [Takes his hand back] If you would please give us a moment, I'll be right with you.
DR RANK. No, Torvald, this will only be a second, trust me.
HELMER: Ahh, right. Nora, dear, if you could excuse us?
DR RANK: [winks at Nora as he follows Torvald outside] Well, Helmer, you see that woodpecker up there in that tree?
HELMER: [ turns away and looks for a woodpecker that isn't there] well to be honest, no, I—
DR RANK: [Draws a pistol from his coat, and continues to put it to the back of Helmer's head] shut up.
HELMER: woah, what are you doing?
DR RANK: I'm not really sure, but it's something I definitely won't regret.[ pulls the trigger and kills Helmer instantly]
[Nora rushes outside to check what the noise was]
NORA: Dr Rank! Is everyth—
DR RANK: my dear Nora, no more distractions, just the kids, you and I, and our new life. I will treat you the way I know a man like Torvald would never be capable of doing.
[The curtain falls.]
I commented on erion gabe crespo amilcar and Omar
ReplyDelete